Definitions and samples
expert (n.) a specialist
– Our department head is an expert in financing.
hesitant (adj.) reluctant; with reservation
– Marla was hesitant about negotiating a higher salary.
weakly (adv.) without strength; poorly
– Her hands trembled and she spoke weakly at the interview.
generate (v.) to create, to produce
– The new training program generated a lot of interest among employees.
mentor (n.) a person who guides and instructs, a resource
– The mentor helped her make some decisions about combining career and family.